tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nael Mohammad <nmoham...@neomar.com>
Subject RE: Admin User Name and Password????
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:35:48 GMT
One more thing might help you:

Simple,

using the tomcat admin feature, you can specify the context to be whatever
you like. To access the admin feature, you need to set it first using the
tomcat-user.xml file located in your conf directory. An example that I have
below works just fine for me. After that then you should be able to add the
context you like anywhere so long as tomcat knows where it's going.

In Linux: /tomcat/conf/tomcat-user.xml

<tomcat-users>

<user name="admin" password="xxxx" roles="admin" />
<user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat" />
  <user name="role1"  password="tomcat" roles="role1"  />
  <user name="both"   password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1" />
</tomcat-users>

After that got http://localhost:8080/admin and bam... you should now be able
to access the admin feature.

Now you should be able to login.

The above file is the exact content in the tomcat-user.xml file.

Nael