tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nael Mohammad <nmoham...@neomar.com>
Subject RE: How do I connect JNDI in Tomcat 4.0 to JNDI in JBoss?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 00:30:56 GMT
Simple,

using the tomcat admin feature, you can specify the context to be whatever
you like. To access the admin feature, you need to set it first using the
tomcat-user.xml file located in your conf directory. An example that I have
below works just fine for me. After that then you should be able to add the
context you like anywhere so long as tomcat knows where it's going.

In Linux: /tomcat/conf/tomcat-user.xml

<tomcat-users>

<user name="admin" password="xxxx" roles="admin" />
<user name="tomcat" password="tomcat" roles="tomcat" />
  <user name="role1"  password="tomcat" roles="role1"  />
  <user name="both"   password="tomcat" roles="tomcat,role1" />
</tomcat-users>

After that got http://localhost:8080/admin and bam... you should now be able
to access the admin feature.

After you login, just follow the examples that are already in place and you
should figure how to add the context. If worse comes to worse, result to the
manual.

Nael