tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Nael Mohammad <>
Subject RE: Newbie needs help ASAP!
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 00:31:45 GMT
Have you read the users guide that comes with tomcat when the install is
completed? It provides you with a detailed step by step instructions on how
to do so.

I'm assuming WINDOW$ platform:

So here it goes, you need to have the Mod_jserv.dll specified in the
tomcat-apache.conf file. I usually do it in to first line. It works fine.
Every time you restart apache and tomcat, this file is regenerated so make a
back up of it and rename when you need to. Secondly, the tomcat and apache
have to be restarted. I usually start apache then tomcat.

And make sure you are using WIN32 files and not unix or Linux.

BTW: The minimalist guide is ok, but the one that comes with Tomcat is more
detailed and complete.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rezaul H. Safiuddin []
Sent: Wednesday, February 07, 2001 4:23 PM
Subject: Newbie needs help ASAP!

Hi All,

I am tryint to integrate the TomCat with my Apache Web Server and then run
some servlets on the browser. My Apache Server is configured properly and
works fine. I can even start and stop the TomCat perfectly. I was just
following the "Tomcat - A Minimalistic User's Guide" ..which is pretty
good..but I got stuck at the point where I have to include tomcat.conf in
the httpd.conf.  If I use the following it gives me syntax error :

#Include F:/Tomcat/Tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf
#include F:/Tomcat/TomCat/conf/tomcat.conf

F:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache>apache
Syntax error on line 1 of F:/Tomcat/Tomcat/conf/tomcat-apache.conf:
Cannot load f:/program files/apache
group/apache/modules/ApacheModuleJServ.dll i
nto server:
Note the errors or messages above, and press the <ESC> key to exit.  0....
F:\Program Files\Apache Group\Apache>apache
Syntax error on line 13 of F:/Tomcat/TomCat/conf/tomcat.conf:
Cannot load f:/program files/apache group/apache/libexec/ into

And how do I copy the mod_jserv or the required modules from TomCat to
Apache. I would appreciate a bit detailed instructions. Please help.

Thanks a lot in advance.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message