tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Kimpton,C (Chris)" <Kimpt...@rabo-bank.com>
Subject RE: Xerces parser.
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 12:38:40 GMT
Hi,

The problem I think is due to tomcat using its XML parser code to process
yours.

It has an old DOM v1 parser - which means if you use new v2-only methods,
you get this kind of error.

The work around we use is to remove the jaxp/parser jar files from the
tomcat lib and drop in the xerces jar file.

Then tomcat uses these and they have the new v2 facilities.

HTH,
Chris

This electronic message (email) and any attachments to it are subject to copyright and are
sent for the personal attention of the addressee. Although you may be the named recipient,
it may become apparent that this email and its contents are not intended for you and an addressing
error has been made. This email may include information that is legally privileged and exempt
from disclosure. If you have received this email in error, please advise us immediately and
delete this email and any attachments from your computer system.Rabobank International is
the trading name of Coöperatieve Centrale Raiffeisen-Boerenleenbank B.A. which is incorporated
in the Netherlands. Registered with the Registrar of Companies for England & Wales No.
BR002630 and regulated by the SFA for the conduct of investment business in the UK.

The presence of this footnote also confirms that this email has been automatically checked
by Rabobank International for the presence of computer viruses prior to it being sent, however,
no guarantee is given or implied that this email is virus free upon delivery.