tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Kurella <Srinivas.Kure...@cosinecom.com>
Subject RE: /servlet
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:15:12 GMT
Josh,
I am not sure if i understand your problem completely , but you DONOT
necessarily have to follow the webapp dir structure.
This is what i do to make the /servlet work(porting from jrun to tomcat with
minimum effort :)):
1. create a WEB-INF directory under your app directory and add the web.xml
file to it.
2. add a context "" in the server.xml file with the docBase as your apps'
root dir.
3. Add all the jars/classes explicitly to the CLASSPATH variable before
running tomcat.sh to start tomcat.

This shd work.

Srini
-----Original Message-----
From: Randy Layman [mailto:randy.layman@aswethink.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 12:35 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: /servlet

	Yes.  Read the manual and it will explain how the direcotry
structure has to work.  Read the Servlet and/or JSP specification (which
Tomcat is the reference implementation of) and you will find out how the
directory structure is supposed to work.  Look at the sample WEBAPPs that
come with Tomcat and you will find out how the directory structure is
supposed to work.

	Randy