tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Srinivas Kurella <>
Subject RE: CLASSPATH and Load-on-startup related issue - bug ??
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 21:03:33 GMT
Actually , it looks as if tomcat doesn't pick up the jars from the
web-inf/lib directory. Once i added the jars explicitly to the classpath is
worked. Is this a bug ???

-----Original Message-----
From: Srinivas Kurella
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2001 12:32 PM
To: ''
Subject: CLASSPATH and Load-on-startup related issue ??

I have an application which is running under tomcat. However i donot use the
2.2 spec directory structure. I have a servlet that is loaded on startup. I
explicitly set the CLASSPATH with all the jars needed.
I am trying to move to the webapps/ directory structure where i can put all
the jars under WEB-INF/lib.
However the startup servlet fails with some class not found exception. Is
the CLASSPATH variable ignored in this case ?? What could be the problem ??
The startup servlet is a class in a jar in WEB-INF/lib.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message