tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Jones, Stephen" <sjo...@rational.com>
Subject Solaris mod_jk binaries, how many?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 17:09:11 GMT

My company redistributes Tomcat 3.2.1 with our web product, and we support
Solaris 8. However, our installation process is long and confuses a lot of
our customers. The bulk of the trouble comes from having to compile mod_jk.
This is pretty well documented and doable, but we'd like to save them the
trouble.

If we (or Tomcat themselves) were to distribute Solaris binaries of mod_jk,
how many different versions would it take to cover most Solaris 8/SPARC
users? Do they need one for 32-bit, one for 64-bit, the same two for intel
versus Sparc, etc?

Thanks for any help,
Steve Jones