tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Duncan Irvine <duncan.irv...@sopheon.com>
Subject Tomcat 3.2/Apache Virtual Hosts
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 23:40:55 GMT
Hi all,
	I've got a working Tomcat installation, and a working Apache
installation.  I've installed mod_jk, and am using the mod_jk.conf-auto file
within the httpd.conf.  This all works fine (I can access
http://myhost.mydomain.com:8080/examples/ and
http://myhost.mydomain.com/examples/ and both work fine.

What I want to do though, is have Apache serve multiple VHosts - one using
Tomcat, and others just out of Apache.  So, what I want to do is be able to
access http://tomcat.mydomain.com/examples and get Tomcat, and
http://docs.mydomain.com/ and get a set of online docs (served by apache.

Which is of course, where my problem arises...  As soon as I put the mod_jk
configuration within a VirtualHost directive apache refuses to start.  The
Syntax checks out OK, but it just refuses to start.  If I check Apache's
error log, I see an entry as follows:
[Mon Feb 12..] [emerg] (2)No such file or directory: Error while opening the
workers

And that's it.

Anybody got any ideas?  All help appreciated.  It's driving me crazy.

System: SUN Solaris 2.7, JDK1.3, Tomcat 3.2.1, Apache 1.3.12, gcc 2.95, perl
5.

Cheers,
	Duncan.

This message contains information which may be privileged
and confidential and subject to legal privilege. If you are not
the intended recipient, you may not peruse, use, disseminate,
distribute or copy this message. If you have received this
message in error, please notify the sender immediately by
e-mail, facsimile, or telephone and return or destroy the
original message. Sopheon and its officers are not responsible
for any statements or material in this e-mail and in any attachment
to it which might give rise to any criminal or civil claim.