tomcat-users mailing list archives

From AC <s...@lisea.com>
Subject Re: help building mod_jk
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 07:20:13 GMT
this is an old problem. You should look first to the mailing list database!
however I wonder why this bug still exist!
This is an old response.
---
I'm not sure where is the error in the makefile because I'm not a shell
expert, but I solve the problem launching by myself apxs.
The location of the apxs is (in my configuration) /usr/local/sbin/ instead
of ${APACHE_HOME}/bin/
After correcting this I launch the Makefile that compile the mod_jk.so
(make all). The script launch :

/usr/local/sbin/apxs -c -I/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/include
-I/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/include/freebsd -DFREEBSD -I/usr/local/apache/include
-I../jk mod_jk.c

As you can see it compiles only the mod_jk.c. The command you have to
launch is:

/usr/local/sbin/apxs -c -I/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/include
-I/usr/local/jdk1.1.8/include/freebsd -DFREEBSD -I/usr/local/apache/include
-I../jk mod_jk.c ../jk/*.c

If you use a different jdk just yank the apxs command and add ../jk/*.c at
the end as I did.

It works with all the jdk (1.1.8, 1.2 beta native and 1.2 linux)

regards