tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Kiran Muglurmath <ki...@grandcentral.com>
Subject Apache + Tomcat + Solaris 7 = slow performance?
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 21:59:24 GMT
I am running Apache SSL (mod_jk) + Tomcat 3.2.1 on Solaris 7.0. The
application runs fine, but each jsp page takes a while to load, even a
simple "Hello World" jsp page. The server is not running any other
applications. I am running Sun JDK 1.3.

The same application runs on a Linux and a Windows 2000 apache/tomcat
installation fine with no problems, even with more than 100 simultaneous
connections.

It almost seems like the jsp files are being re-compiled every time a new
session is created. Even within a session, if I try to reload an existing
jsp page after a couple of minutes, the page takes more than 5 seconds to
load. This is on an internal 100Mb network. Has anybody experienced this
problem before and resolved it?