tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cato, Christopher" <cc...@rational.com>
Subject RE: Slow start under Windows 98
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 13:45:37 GMT
This problem is most likely related to the init of the secure random number
generator which TomCat uses for session management. It's only slow for the
first servlet/jsp so write a script that starts up TomCat and then requests
a jsp / servlet. Once the first request is handled, the secure random
generator is initialized and all subsequent requests will be handled at
normal response times. And, you're right. Running TomCat on Win98 is an
atrocity. You have my sympathy.

Christopher Cato