tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Coetmeur, Alain" <alain.coetm...@caissedesdepots.fr>
Subject RE: ajp12 vs ajp13 & mod_jk.conf-auto
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 12:14:55 GMT

as told here you can tweak things, but
the most clean is to use
a separate my-mod_jk.conf include file
that you derivate from the generated mod_jk.conf-auto

if you really want all to be automatic
add a conversion script (sed or perl script)
to generate the my-mod_jk.conf from the .conf-auto

with cocoon and HTTPS I had to tweak
thos .conf-auto much more and
nothing is better than manual config when things are stable...

changing the ajp12 alias to point to ajp13 is
really anti-documentation...
on unix try something like

#!/bin/sh
launch_tomcat&
sleep 5 # wait for tomcat to generate the .conf-auto
sed -e 's/ajp12/ajp13/g' <conf/mod_jk.conf-auto >conf/my-mod_jk.conf
launch_apache&

don't forget to adapt apache conf/httpd.conf to include
the my-mod_jk.conf instead of the conf-auto