tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Wesley Ribeiro" <wesle...@nortelnetworks.com>
Subject RE: Help with servlet mapping
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 12:34:23 GMT
I've solved it. It seems that the file $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/web.xml is no
longer considered in Tomcat 3.2.1.
You have to put your web.xml in the Web-inf directory where your files are.
Now I have one more problem:
If I start Tomcat from the command-line, everything works fine. But, if I
start it as a NT service, the servlets/JSP cannot
access the database. The following error message is given:

Starting tomcat. Check logs/tomcat.log for error messages
SQL Exception opening DB connection:java.sql.SQLException: [Microsoft][ODBC
Driver Manager] Data source name not found and no default driver specified
default driver specified
Vendor: 0

I have configured the wrapper.properties file according to the
documentation, and everything but the database access seems to work.
Can anyone help ? Should I change something in the server.xml file ?
Thanks,

Wesley