tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Laurent LAUBIN <Laurent.LAU...@S2M.FR>
Subject servletContext.getInitParameter() always return null
Date Thu, 22 Feb 2001 11:07:00 GMT
Hello ! Second question of the day. To resume, I'm setting up a jsp
application which were running fine on JServ /GNuJSP under Tomcat, and I get
a lot of surprise ... Should I keep running my old gnujsp 1.0 ???

Anyway, here is my question : I want to give some parameter to all my jsp
pages... so I've added in web.xml this values, for example :
<context-param>
    <param-name>RmiServer</param-name>
    <param-value>//10.10.10.1/COOL</param-value>
    <description>
        Application server...
    </description>
</context-param>

And from a JSP page, i try a simple
getServerContext().getInitParameterNames() to enumerate the param, which
return an empty enumeration , and even a
getServerContext().getInitParameter("RMISERVER") return null...

I'v tried with getServletConfig().getInitParameter("..."), which also
returns null !

Arghhhhhhhhhhh...
Laurent LAUBIN              S2M
Ingenieur systeme           2, rue des champs - BP 2282
Tel : +33 232 64 33 76      27950 St-Marcel - France
Fax : +33 232 21 25 99      http://www.s2m.fr/ <http://www.s2m.fr/>