tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: USE of <SERVLET></SERVLET>tag in the apache/tomact webserver
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 19:20:03 GMT
namita bansal wrote:

> Hi
>
> Does Apache/Tomcat supports Servlets Tag?
>
> I am trying to migrate a site (which uses <SERVLET> Tags extensively) from Java
Web Server to Apache/Tomcat. But the pages having these tags do not execute properly on the
apache/tomcat. Does Anyone know of a Workaround?

Tomcat does not currently support the <servlet> tag, although adding that support is
on the "it would be nice if someone contributed this code" list.

As an alternative, you might consider switching to JSP pages and using <jsp:include>
tags instead.

> Thanks in advance,
> kapil

Craig McClanahan