tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Include page length, why is it restricted?
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2001 03:16:57 GMT
Dmitry Rogatkin wrote:

> I didn't find any restrictions on include page data size in servlet 2.3 specification,
but Tomcat 4.0 is definitely has it about 4522 bytes. Say more it just cuts included page
content abruptly including wrapper page also. I hate dig sources, could somebody point me
what should I change to release this restriction?

There is no designed-in limit on the amount of data you can include.  What is possible is
that your included page or servlet is throwing an exception before it finishes -- check the
log files in the "logs" directory to see if they show any errors.

> Thanks,
>
> Dmitry R., dmitryr@visto.com
> Chief Architect, MetricStream.COM
> Santa Clara, CA