tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <>
Subject Re: setting up logs
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 19:18:52 GMT
Jody Brownell wrote:

> Is there a way to set up a log file to report what servlets/jsps have been
> accessed. I need the following information ....
> - what webapp and servlet/jsp
> - time of access
> - from where (ip address)

Tomcat 4.0-b1 includes a logger that writes access logs in the same format that
a web server like Apache does.  From the logs, you can deduce the webapp (based
on the context path) and servlet or JSP (based on what you know about how
requests are mapped in web.xml).  The other information is always logged.

For Tomcat 3.2, you could get the same thing by running Tomcat behind Apache (or
another web server) and just looking at the web server's logs.

> Jasper.log is ok for jsp, if it reported from where but I still need to
> now about servlets.
> thanks in advance
> Jody Brownell

Craig McClanahan