tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Ludovic Maitre <Ludovic.Mai...@sophia.inria.fr>
Subject Re: configuring web.xml
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 13:39:20 GMT
Hello,

Alex Fernández wrote:

> Don't forget that you must change the web.xml file inside your WEB-INF
> directory, the one in /conf is just for shows.
>
> Alex.

I think that i haven't good understand how work tomcat because i was
thinking that the web.xml
file provided in the /conf directory was for declaring the servlets
loaded at startup (Jasper), the mime type and the mappings used by the
whole application tomcat.

Are you sure that the /conf/web.xml file isn't used by tomcat ?

By the way in tomcat 3.1 i would be able to declare the cocoon servlet
and is mapping (.xml -> cocoon) in the web web.xml file and with tomcat
3.2 it seems not to work. Has somebody notice the same problem ? And it
is possible to specify the location and the name of this file ('cause i
want to locate web.xml near my apache configuration) ?

Here are the lines i have added to /conf/web.xml (and this don't work on
3.2 but work on 3.1) :

<!-- Cocoon : xml,xsl... -->
    <servlet>
        <servlet-name>
            cocoon
        </servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>
	    org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon
        </servlet-class>
  	<init-param>
   	    <param-name>properties</param-name>
            <param-value>cocoon.properties</param-value>
  	</init-param>
	<load-on-startup>
            -2147483646
	</load-on-startup>
    </servlet>

    <servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>
            cocoon
        </servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>
            *.xml
        </url-pattern>
    </servlet-mapping>

    <welcome-file-list>
	<welcome-file>
            index.xml
        </welcome-file>
    </welcome-file-list>

--
 Ludovic.Maitre@sophia.inria.fr

 INRIA - 2004 route des lucioles - BP 93    Tel: (33/0) 4 92 38 50 41
 06902   SOPHIA-ANTIPOLIS cedex (France)    Fax: (33/0) 4 92 38 76 02