tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Peter B. West" <pbw...@powerup.com.au>
Subject Correct order for starting tomcat and apache
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2001 05:57:26 GMT
What is the correct order for starting apache and tomcat, and why?

I currently have a linux redhat 7.0 system, and the chkconfig values for
/etc/rc.d/init.d/tomcat and ..../httpd are
# chkconfig: 345 80 20
 and
# chkconfig: 345 85 15
respectively.  I.e., tomcat starts first and finishes second.  This
seems to work, and I suppose that it then makes sense that I seem to
have problems if I just stop and restart tomcat while apache (httpd) is
still running.  Is this to be expected?  What if I stop and restart
httpd while tomcat is running?  Should I expect problems?

Peter
--
Peter B. West  pbwest@powerup.com.au  http://powerup.com.au/~pbwest
"Lord, to whom shall we go?"