tomcat-users mailing list archives

From janis <>
Subject Re: Setting up server.xml
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 19:23:45 GMT
"Ignacio J. Ortega" wrote:

> You need to read those ugly specs ( in
> ) to get your webapp security to
> work, JDBCRealm has nothing to do with web.xml, it's only a way to store
> usernames & passwords for a webapp, you need to configure your web.xml
> to see it in action... Please send your web.xml if you want some help
> with it ....
> Please check ( and understand ) the url
> http://localhost:8080/examples/jps/security to look at working example,
> look at the web.xml file of the examples webapp to look at a working
> config...

Thank you for recommendations! I'll read them.

When I make a request to the url mentioned above I get an authenication
When I provide the username tomcat and password tomcat (role tomcat is
defined in tomcat-users.xml) I get an login error.

I have seen a some messages on this list there people have discussed this
They were talking about a context attribute setting to trusted=true in the
with the manager webapp included in Tomcat 4.0 - b1 distribution.

But where to specify the Context if Tomcat is not used in standalone mode.

I tried to put a <Context> tag between <Engine> tags, but it resulted in
messages for WarpContext.

The web.xml file I used is here:
?xml version="1.0" encoding="ISO-8859-1"?>

<!DOCTYPE web-app

    <display-name>Wap Security Constraint</display-name>
      <web-resource-name>Protected Area</web-resource-name>

    <realm-name>Wap Form-based Authentication Area</realm-name>

> Saludos ,
> Ignacio J. Ortega

View raw message