tomcat-users mailing list archives

From janis <ja...@itr.no>
Subject Re: Setting up server.xml
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 16:56:57 GMT
"Ignacio J. Ortega" wrote:

> > I tried to install (with <Realm> tag in server.xml in Tomcat 4.0/b1)
> > a JDBC Realm using postgres but I could'nt make it work.
> >
> > If you find some information about relation Tomcat - Postgres
> > please let
> > me know.
> >

> Why? please give me details..

Here are some details.

In server.xml:

    <Service name="Tomcat-Apache">
        <Connector
className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpConnector" port="8008"
../>
        <Engine ...>
            <Logger ... />
            <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JDBCRealm"
debug="99"
             driverName="org.postgresql.Driver"
             connectionURL="jdbc:postgresql://hostname/dbname"
             connectionName="trusted" connectionPassword="pwtrusted"
             userTable="cras_users" userNameCol="user_name"
userCredCol="user_pass"
             userRoleTable="cras_user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />
        </Engine>
    </Service>
</Server>

Starting Tomcat 4.0/b1 (nothing deployed in TOMCAT_HOME/webapps only WAR
files provided)
Restarting Apache httpd daemon deploys application (extracting the
contents of WAR files)
In the logger (for WARP, apache_log) only one line appears:
    JDBCRealm[Apache]: The database connection is null or was found to be
closed. Trying to re-open it.
What is supposed to happen so?
I tried to specify <login-config> in web.xml file of a context, but I am
not sure that
<auth-method> to use !? And where to specify the context dependent
attributes when
using WARP.

Any comments appreciated!

janis