tomcat-users mailing list archives

From janis <ja...@itr.no>
Subject Re: Setting up server.xml
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 12:31:07 GMT
"McDermid, Ian" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can anyone help me with the server.xml setting for postgresql, or has anyone
> got this going sucessfully.

Do you mean the Realm for Authentication of users or postgresql in general.
I use the postgres jdbc driver (on Linux, installed from an RPM) by placing
the jdbc7.0-1.2.jar file into the TOMCAT_HOME/lib directory and calling
the classes through the java.sql.* package.

I tried to install (with <Realm> tag in server.xml in Tomcat 4.0/b1)
a JDBC Realm using postgres but I could'nt make it work.

If you find some information about relation Tomcat - Postgres please let
me know.

janis