tomcat-users mailing list archives

From janis <ja...@itr.no>
Subject Can't get work <jsp:useBeen scope = "session"> in 4.0/b1
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:52:21 GMT
Hello!

I am running Tomcat4.0/b1 on Linux Red Hat 7.0 with Java 2 (jdk1.3) and
connected to Apache with the connector mod_webapp.

I seems to me that setting the scope to <session> for a bean
(<jsp_useBean scope="session">
does'nt take any effect. By setting the scope to the
<application> session seems to persist.

Other things works fine, but each subsequential load of the same page
with session scope, makes a new session and all static objects are
reinitialized.

Is this something I can avoid with correct settings in the web.xml for
each context? The only thing I should wish right now (regarding Tomcat)
is that I could set the scope of the page and timeout for each page/or
context. Is it possible to do so in Tomcat4.0/b1 at this time?

janis