tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luc Vanlerberghe <...@bvdep.com>
Subject Re: req.getSession(true) problems with 3.2.1
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:16:45 GMT
I don't know about the first problem, but the fact that the initial
getSession is slower than before is due to the fact that the sessionid
is now generated useing a java.security.SecureRandom object.  The
initialisation of objects that class take a while to initialise to make
sure their state is not predictable...
This delay should only occur for the first session though.

I believe the latest (development) versions of tomcat (both 3.x and 4.x)
initialise this generator on startup instead of waiting for the first
session.
However, you can configure them to use the normal java.util.Random class
instead during development.  Search the archives for keywords like
session, SecureRandom, server.xml etc...

Luc Vanlerberghe