tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Craig R. McClanahan" <Craig.McClana...@eng.sun.com>
Subject Re: Manager in Tomcat 4.0
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 20:26:00 GMT
LUN wrote:

> Hi,
>         I am using tomcat 4.0, how can I login to the manager, what
> is the user name and password, anyone can tell me where I can find .
> Thanks in Advance !
> LUN

In Tomcat 4.0, the entire "/manager" web application is protected by a
security constraint that requires a role named "manager".  If you are
using the default setup, then you need to modify the file
"conf/tomcat-users.xml" and either add "manager" to the set of roles for
one or more existing users, or add a new user with this role.

The username and password are arbitrary -- security constraints check
only the role(s) associated with each user to see if they are allowed to
use this particular URL or not.

Craig McClanahan