tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peiqiang Han Bis <peiqi...@nextenso.com>
Subject Re: Question about preference within classpath...
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 14:56:48 GMT
Charles,

The jar which is in $TOMCAT_HOME\lib takes precedence, because it is in
the system CLASSPATH. For TOMCAT 3.2,
the order in which classes are loaded is that bootstrap  - ext - system
classpath (CLASSPATH environment variable) - custom classloader
(WEB-INF\classes or
WEB-INF\lib).

hope this helps,
-Peiqiang Han