tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Mike S. Avelar" <>
Subject Newbie Question
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 13:00:09 GMT
    I just installed Tomcat 3.2 on Apache 1.3.14. Installed like a
charm, all I had to do was restart both services and Apcahe was feeding
up the static stuff and Tomcat the JSP/JavaServlets.
    For the last few days I've been thrying to comprehend the "User's
Guide"... Maybe its just me... where can I find some detailed
documentation on how to configure tomcat (I'm talking documentaion for
dumb asses).

    Another thing. I've noticed that there is a http://localhost/admin
and it supposedly gives you the ability to view/delete/create contexts.
It prompts me for a uid/pw when I try to use it... In the server.xml
file is says (in lamans terms) that if you want to use it 'don't forget
to set a password'.... it doesn't tell me how to set a password. Can
anyone help me before I hurt myself on my desk?

Mike S. Avelar

View raw message