tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>
Subject Re: performance
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 23:08:15 GMT

That math didn't really work with JMeter anyway... even if you did
have 20 threads with 1ms delay, you don't get 20,000 request/sec. Jmeter
starts up 20 threads which each make a GET request to the server
but each thread only makes another request after it receives an answer
then it waits 1ms or 100ms whatever you have it sent to... So if none
of the threads get an ansewr then you have 0 requests/sec after they
are all tied up.