tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Luc Vanlerberghe <...@bvdep.com>
Subject Re: Invoking parameterized constructor using sueBean tag from a jsp
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:43:23 GMT
AFAIK the bean spec requires that a no-arg constructor must exist.

To initialise your bean you must use another method or getter/setter
methods.

You can always include your constructor with arguments as well and let
it call this() (as very first statement) and then the initialisation
method with the arguments.

I'm not sure, but I think you can have java statements (using <% ... %>)
within the <useBean></useBean> tags that will be executed right after
the bean is first instantiated.  Won't look to good, but might be
useful...

Luc