tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Jason Pell <Jason.P...@dssonline.com.au>
Subject Re: log files in tomcat
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 01:09:24 GMT
I have also had problems with this.

As suggested I tried adding jvm.stderr and jvm.stdout logs to server.xml:

----------------------------------------- server.xml fragment
-------------------------------
<Logger name="jvm.stderr"
            verbosityLevel = "DEBUG"
            path="logs/stderr.log"
    />

    <Logger name="jvm.stdout"
            verbosityLevel = "DEBUG"
            path="logs/stdout.log"
    />
----------------------------------------- server.xml fragment
-------------------------------

But no joy I am afraid.  Is this the correct config info.

I am running Tomcat 3.2.1 on Redhat 6.2

Thanks
Jason

"Garmaev, Vladimir A" wrote:

> There should be two more logs:
>
> jvm.stderr
> jvm.stdout
>
> The latter is logging System.out.println

Jason Pell
Senior Analyst/Programmer - Web Developer
Deakin Software Services Pty Ltd
12 Gheringhap St, Geelong Victoria 3220 Australia
Phone: 03 5227 8858 International: +61 3 5227 8858
Fax: 03 5227 8907 International: +61 3 5227 8907
E-mail Jason.Pell@dssonline.com.au
http://www.dssonline.com.au
Customer Support Hotline: 1800 620 497

"Callista - the brightest solution in university management"

Important Notice: The contents of this email transmission,
including attachments, may be privileged and confidential.
Any unauthorised use of the contents is expressly prohibited.
If you have received this transmission in error, please advise
the sender by return email or telephone immediately and
destroy all versions.