tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Cox, Charlie" <c...@cincom.com>
Subject RE: Connection refused under hight load
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 13:17:28 GMT
I know that NT4 Workstation only allows 10 concurrent network connections. I
didn't think that limit had changed for Win2k Workstation. Even though your
app is running on the same machine, it is still making tcpip requests which
would count against the limit. This is to force people to buy NT Server.

Charlie

-----Original Message-----
From: Markus Ebersberger [mailto:markus.ebersberger@payitmobile.de]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 6:13 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Connection refused under hight load

Hi,

I'm testing a servlet-application that is using Tomcat v 3.1
(standalone,
without Apache) running on Win2K Workstation.
The tool I'm using for testing starts a (configurable) number of
threads,
each of which connects to the server, sends a HTTP-request and waits for
the response. It runs on the same machine as the server.
When I start many threads simultaneously, the server sometimes refuses
connections (I get a ConnectException on client side).
The tomcat logfile shows nothing unusual.
Does someone know a possible reason for this behaviour or even a
solution ?
(I suspect that the "connection request queue" (I don't know the correct
 term ) of the operating system is too short, but where can i adjust
this ?)

Thanks in advance,
Markus