tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik LaBianca <e...@totalcirculation.com>
Subject RE: Another Newbie Question -- Urgent Please!
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 05:09:02 GMT
The easiest thing to do is just to copy the servlet.jar file into your
c:\jdk1.3\jre\lib\ext folder.

I think thats the "official" place for extension api's. It is automatically
checked for jars to be added to the classpath.

--erik

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Walter [mailto:tx_scottwalter@yahoo.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 08, 2001 12:02 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: RE: Another Newbie Question -- Urgent Please!

No you don't have to download anything extra.  The
classes are included with tomcat in the servlet.jar
file, which is located in the lib directory under your
tomcat install.

FYI--When specifying a classpath for jar files you
can't just specify the directory in which the jar file
exist in, you must include the full path.  Below is an
example to compile a servlet that needs servlet.jar:

javac -classpath c:\tomcat\lib\servlet.jar
MyServlet.java

scott.
--- "Rezaul H. Safiuddin" <kashif@cs.utexas.edu>