tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik LaBianca <e...@totalcirculation.com>
Subject RE: Even simpler... where do I put oracle drivers?
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 23:09:42 GMT
The bits in server.xml are for JDBCRealm authentication. If you don't know
about it you aren't using it. It lets you have the servlet container handle
your authentication.

 I've had good luck stuffing my .jar files in my lib directory, which gets
copied to WEB-INF/lib.

If you were using JDBCRealm authentication you'd need to put your thin
client in the tomcat lib directory, or even into the jre lib/ext folder.

--erik

-----Original Message-----
From: John Coonrod [mailto:jc@thp.org]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 6:01 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Even simpler... where do I put oracle drivers?

Let me up to an even easier question...

Where, exactly, should I put my Oracle jdbc thin drivers? Back in the days
of 3.0, I could only get things to work by completely unzipping the oracle
zip file into a folder called oracle which I put in \jakarta-tomcat\classes

That continues to work, sort of.

I notice that server.xml has lines in it about jdbc drivers - what's that
about? At the moment they're commented out on my setup.