tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Erik LaBianca <>
Subject RE: No path info for include page
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2001 21:37:54 GMT
I think tomcat's getPathInfo is a little wierd. The behavior when you have
bound a servlet to a url is to move what you would expect to be in
getPathInfo() into getServletPath() . Included pages might be getting
handled the same as "mapped" ones, in which case you could be experiencing
the same problem.

I think this is a bug, but maybe it was a design decision.

-----Original Message-----
From: Dmitry Rogatkin [mailto:DMITRYR@VISTO.COM]
Sent: Monday, February 05, 2001 4:32 PM
Subject: No path info for include page

Is that normal for Tomcat? I expect to get something from getPathInfo when I
have a servlet called as a page include. BTW can I expect a session sharing
for such servlet and wrapper JSP?

Dmitry R.,
Chief Architect, MetricStream.COM
Santa Clara, CA

Visit, your free web-based communications center. Life on the Dot.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message