tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Morahg, Yoav" <Ymor...@gist.com>
Subject RE: Time exceeded
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 15:57:21 GMT
I ran into this problem when I was doing something that required a longer
time than the standard timeout. The solution was to change the Timout
directive in the Apache httpd.conf file. I think the default is 300 -- this
is in seconds so it means 5 minutes, so I changed mine to 600 and everything
worked fine.

Hope this helps,
Yoav

-----Original Message-----
From: Guillermo de Miguel [mailto:gmiguel@criterianetworks.com]
Sent: Friday, February 09, 2001 6:21 AM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Fw: Time exceeded

Hi everyone,
I have a problem executing a servlet under Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.1.3.
This servlet is executing queries and the process consumes a lot of time. An
advice from Internet Explorer is show indicating that this server can't
follow the task due to time has excedeed.
I would like to know where must i fix a time limit, in my servlet or in
tomcat, and how to configure it.
A lot of thanks in advance.