tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Narayanan" <>
Subject RE: Server Side Includes (SSI) and Tomcat
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 17:47:53 GMT

    No way ....make it as a include file . That is the only solution as per
the current version of TomCat.

-----Original Message-----
From: []
Sent: Tuesday, February 13, 2001 11:15 PM
Subject: Server Side Includes (SSI) and Tomcat

Is there a way for pages served up by Tomcat to interpret SSI's. For
example, I have an entire dir. structure that I secure via FORM based
security, thus must be served up by Tomcat. Some files in this directory
contain SSI's '<!--#include virtual="/includes/header.htm"-->' however
Tomcat doesn't recognize the SSI include tags. Is there a way around this
other than making each page a JSP page with JSP include tags?

Thanks in advance,

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

View raw message