tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Michael Engelhart <mengelh...@earthtrip.com>
Subject 4.0b1 manager not working
Date Tue, 27 Feb 2001 17:09:15 GMT
Hi,

I'm having trouble getting the manager application to run on Mac OS X.  I'm under the impression
from reading the docs and searching the archive that all I have to do is add a user with the
manager role to tomcat-users.xml and then go to http://localhost:8080/manager/

and I'll be prompted for a username/password and then have access.

Well, after downloading a fresh copy and making that single change to the tomcat-users.xml
file, when I go to type http://localhost:8080/manager context I get this message:

   Cannot find message associated with key managerServlet.unknownCommand

if i add the trailing slash to the manager context like http://localhost:8080/manager/

I just get a blank directory listing page.

Am I missing something?  Tomcat 3.2.1 works fine on the same system.

Thanks for any  information

Mike