tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Golubenko" <goluben...@columbiafunds.com>
Subject RE: EARGENT!
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2001 18:22:53 GMT
Probably not. It's clear that you got problems between two of those. The
AJP12 protocol
tomcat uses to communicate with Apache (that's why you load mod_jser.o in
Apache),
First thing to do, is try to load the pages using the Tomcat's default
port 8080, like
localhost:8080/path/to/jsp , /examples, /path/to/servlet/ServletName,
etc. If 8080
port isn't working, check the $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml file. (or
check by running:
cat $TOMCAT_HOME/conf/server.xml | grep 80, this will show the 80* ports
you have, if any at all.). If you got your pages loaded under 8080, then
it's a Apaches->Tomcat problem. The configuration file maybe not valid.
You may send the apache's httpd.conf and tomcats server.xml file here, so
we can take a look at it. Because I personally
have no idea what's going on there.
 - John.
P.S.
This is why I think it is:

> > ...(EMERGENCY) ajp12: can not connect to host 127.0.0.1
> > ...(EMERGENCY) ajp12: function connection fail.

 And:

org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnecti
> on
> > (Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

On 2/13/01, 9:58:29 AM, "Lifeng Xu" <lxx@rims.com> wrote regarding RE:
EARGENT!:

> Thanks for your response!

> I configured to start Tomcat when apache starts. Seems to me that they
> starts ok...

> Lifeng

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

> On 2/13/01, 9:45:08 AM, "Lifeng Xu" <lxx@rims.com> wrote regarding
> EARGENT!:

> > Hi,

> > I am running Tomcat/JServ on Linux with Inprise ejb container. When I
> access
> > one of my jsp pages, I got error message from Apache's error log (see
> > bellow). I checked mod_jserv.log also. There some info in the
> mod_jserv.log
> > such as:

> > ...(EMERGENCY) ajp12: can not connect to host 127.0.0.1
> > ...(EMERGENCY) ajp12: function connection fail.
> > ...(ERROR) wrapper: argument[..] /usr/local/jdk1.3/bin/java

> > I have no idea what's causing this. And, not all jsp access fails. Most
> of
> > the jsps functioning correctly.

> > Bellow is the error I found from apache's error_log.

> > I need to fix this now and get the app running right away! So please help
> > me!

> > Many thanks.

> > Lifeng

> > java.rmi.MarshalException: CORBA MARSHAL 0[]
> >  at java.lang.Throwable.<init>(Throwable.java:96)
> >  at java.lang.Exception.<init>(Exception.java:44)
> >  at java.io.IOException.<init>(IOException.java:49)
> >  at java.rmi.RemoteException.<init>(RemoteException.java:58)
> >  at java.rmi.MarshalException.<init>(MarshalException.java:49)
> >  at java.lang.reflect.Constructor.newInstance(Native Method)
> >  at com.inprise.vbroker.rmi.CORBA.UtilImpl.newInstance(UtilImpl.java:82)

> >  at

com.inprise.vbroker.rmi.CORBA.UtilImpl._mapSystemException(UtilImpl.java:3
> 26
> > )

> >  at

com.inprise.vbroker.rmi.CORBA.UtilImpl.mapSystemException(UtilImpl.java:45
> 1)

> >  at javax.rmi.CORBA.Util.mapSystemException(Util.java:51)
> >  at

com.rims.memberlink.ejb._NewEnrollee_Stub.validateNewDemo(_NewEnrollee_Stu
> b.
> > java:208)

> >  at

com.rims.memberlink.toolkit.NewEnrollmentToolkit.ValidateCurrentPage(NewEn
> ro
> > llmentToolkit.java:1318)

> >  at

com.rims.memberlink.toolkit.NewEnrollmentToolkit.processPage(NewEnrollment
> > olkit.java:995)

> >  at

_0002fValidate_0002ejspValidate_jsp_0._jspService(_0002fValidate_0002ejspV
> al
> > idate_jsp_0.java:373)

> >  at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:126)
> >  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> >  at

org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet$JspServletWrapper.service(JspServlet.
> ja
> > va:174)

> >  at
> > org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:261)

> >  at org.apache.jasper.runtime.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:369)
> >  at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:853)
> >  at

org.apache.tomcat.core.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:50
> 3)

> >  at
> > org.apache.tomcat.core.ContextManager.service(ContextManager.java:559)
> >  at

org.apache.tomcat.service.connector.Ajp12ConnectionHandler.processConnecti
> on
> > (Ajp12ConnectionHandler.java:156)

> >  at

org.apache.tomcat.service.TcpConnectionThread.run(SimpleTcpEndpoint.java:3