tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Drasko Kokic <drasko_ko...@yahoo.com>
Subject Tomcat standalone SSL, import of certificate
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:42:48 GMT
Hello,

I have installed SSL support for Tomcat3.2.1 on
a Windows NT machine, and it works nicely for a
dummy certificate generated (according to the
Tomcat SSL instructions) with keytool.
Now I want to import an openssl-generated certificate
(from thawte) which we use already for SSL support of
the Apache Web Server. But the keytool -import command
(again from the instructions) gives me
'keytool error: Java.lang.Exception: Input not an X509
certificate'
What could be the reason for this, since Apache-SSL
uses the X509 format?

Thanks,
Karin