tomcat-users mailing list archives

From David Brewster <da...@internation.co.uk>
Subject refresh/flush logs question
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 14:17:00 GMT
Hi
I had a look through the mailing list history and the faq but couldn't find an
answer to the following question: is there a way to cause the log file to be
flushed (for example as in the mysqladmin --flush-logs) command. I'd like to
move the current log files to a backup area and then flsh the logs so they
start writing back into the correct place again. Restarting tomcat isnt really
an option as it loads a lot of classes on startup for speed purposes which
itself causes a significant delay on startup. Is there any way to do this
causing as little disruption to the tomcat process as possible ?

Thanks

David