tomcat-users mailing list archives

From <>
Subject Re: Fw: Time exceeded
Date Fri, 09 Feb 2001 11:42:33 GMT
HI,I don't know if the problem it's up to executing a servlet.I found the same problem many
times executing an application on Oracle Db.I discovered that the problem was that sometimes
the connection or the statement not close so the time exceeded depends on too much time opened
connection(or statement).I suggest you to see if your connectiion and statement close also
if your servlet throws an exception executing a query.And if you don't need to use "select"
instruction use method:"executeUpdate(Str)"(return an int) instead of "executeQuery(Str).I
hope that I could help you and you can help me!
Mariano Scardino
> Da: "Guillermo de Miguel" <>
> Data: 2001/02/09 Fri PM 12:21:12 GMT
> A: <>
> Oggetto: Fw: Time exceeded
> Hi everyone,
> I have a problem executing a servlet under Tomcat 3.2.1 and Apache 1.1.3. This servlet
is executing queries and the process consumes a lot of time. An advice from Internet Explorer
is show indicating that this server can't follow the task due to time has excedeed.
> I would like to know where must i fix a time limit, in my servlet or in tomcat, and how
to configure it.
> A lot of thanks in advance.

View raw message