tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Rajnish Bhaskar" <r.bhas...@compserv.gla.ac.uk>
Subject Tomcat 3.2 throwing a VerifyError at me
Date Thu, 08 Feb 2001 11:40:30 GMT
Hi all,
I've been using Tomcat 3.1 for a quite a long time now, and I
thought that I'd finally give 3.2.1 a try since it's (finally) out of beta.
I've set up Tomcat on a Windows NT4 machine with Sun JDK 1.2
and added my webapp to the server.xml file as follows:

	<!-- /ITEU context added by RAJ -->
	<context path="/ITEU"
		 docBase="webapps/ITEU"
		 crossContext="true"
		 trusted="true"
		 debug="0"
		 reloadable="false" >
	</context>

I then went through my app to ensure that everything is still
working, and although most of the JSPs are working fine, when it
comes to one of them, I get a VerifyError exception:

/ITEU/html/manager/displayquestions.jsp Internal Servlet Error:
javax.servlet.ServletException: (class:
html/manager/_0002fhtml_0002fmanager_0002fdisplayquestions_00
02ejspdisplayquestions_jsp_1, method: _jspService signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServle
tResponse;)V) Incompatible object argument for function
<<snip>>

Root cause:
java.lang.VerifyError: (class:
html/manager/_0002fhtml_0002fmanager_0002fdisplayquestions_00
02ejspdisplayquestions_jsp_1, method: _jspService signature:
(Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServletRequest;Ljavax/servlet/http/HttpServle
tResponse;)V) Incompatible object argument for function
<<snip>>

I've gone back and checked this against Tomcat 3.1 and it works
fine.  I'm guessing that this is some sort of security thing that is
different between 3.1 and 3.2, or there's some setting that I've
missed, but I can't see what it is.  Can someone help?

TIA,
Raj.

Rajnish Bhaskar
r.bhaskar@compserv.gla.ac.uk, http://i.am/rajy
IT Education Unit, University of Glasgow
http://www.iteu.gla.ac.uk/
--
As far as Death was aware, the sole reason for any human association with
pigs and lambs was as a prelude to sausages and chops.  Quite why they should