tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Chris Janicki <Jani...@ia-inc.com>
Subject Re: AW: JDK 1.3 - Tomcat 3.2
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2001 14:40:44 GMT
I've been running Tomcat 3.1 on Solaris with JRE 1.3 and its been fine so
far.  However it has a very light load, and there is a serious new bug in
1.3 that may break things if you have lots of busy threads.  See:

  http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/bugParade/bugs/4293268.html

PS: I'd appreciate it if any members of Sun's Java Developer's Connection
use one of their bug votes for this one.  Java 1.3 is a nice improvement
over 1.2 so putting some pressure on Sun to address bug this will help
everyone safely transition to this version.

On 2/1/01, 4:10:45 AM, Andreas.cloess@ifs-gmbh.de wrote regarding AW: JDK
1.3 - Tomcat 3.2: