tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Golubenko" <>
Subject RE: *** Generated Tomcat Temporary Class File Name SeemTooLong. . . Yes ***
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2001 17:30:14 GMT
Sorry, but that moron pisses me off. I'm not saying that I know everything.
The only thing I was trying to say, is that it's possible to modify source
of tomcat, so fix the naming problem.

-----Original Message-----
From: Alex Fernández []
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2001 9:10 AM
Subject: Re: *** Generated Tomcat Temporary Class File Name SeemTooLong.
.. Yes ***

John, don't get jumpy. This is not one of your flame wars.

GNU's Not Unix. Apache's not GNU. The Apache Group is not GNU. And the GPL
(Gnu Public License) is not the Apache License.

I was just trying to educate you: not all free software is GNU. There are
several public licenses available around, and the Apache License is one of
the less restrictive ones -- while the GPL explicitly prohibits several
uses. I don't have anything against the GPL, and in fact like the FSF and
their work; but Tomcat belongs to the Apache Group.

John Golubenko wrote:

> Don't worry, I've read it. Here is the copy for you, if you didn't.
> There is clearly written that you can modify the source code, and
> redistribute or use it. Just like I said in previus email, that it's
> legal to modify the source code, (file name generation) and compile it
> While it's still true, i don't know what are you trying to prove. And
> who said that I'm not commercial developer? Sorry, you wrong.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, email:

NOTICE:  This communication may contain confidential or other privileged information.  If
you are not the intended recipient, or believe that you have received this communication in
error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate, or otherwise use the information.
 Also, please indicate to the sender that you have received this email in error, and delete
the copy you received.  Any communication that does not relate to official Columbia business
is that of the sender and is neither given nor endorsed by Columbia.  Thank you.

View raw message