tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "John Golubenko" <goluben...@columbiafunds.com>
Subject RE: Help removing servlet prefix in tomcat-apache...
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 23:28:51 GMT
in server.xml change default port from 8080 to 80.
Do the text search for 8080 in that xml file.
That's it, unless you run Apache on same port.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rogelio Estudillo [mailto:restudillo@thewisenet.com]
Sent: Thursday, February 15, 2001 3:28 PM
To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
Subject: Help removing servlet prefix in tomcat-apache...

I need some help, please.

How do you set up a servlet to be called in the application space
but without the /servet/ prefix in tomcat-apache?

I removed the InvokerInterceptor entry completely and its running
very well in Tomcat standalone, but when I access the servlets in apache,
it doesn't work.

If I type in my URL as follows:

http://localhost:8080/myservlets/firstservlet

the servlet works ok.

if I type

http://localhost/myservlets/firstservlet

it doesn't.

What do I need to add/remove in the tomcat.conf, server.xml, web.xml,
httpd.conf, ...?

I'm using tomcat 3.2.

Thanks in advance,

Rogger.

##### tomcat.conf #####

LoadModule jserv_module libexec/mod_jserv.so

<IfModule mod_jserv.c>

ApJServManual on
ApJServDefaultProtocol ajpv12
ApJServSecretKey DISABLED
ApJServMountCopy on
ApJServLogLevel notice

#ApJServDefaultHost localhost

ApJServDefaultPort 8007

ApJServMount default /root

AddType text/jsp .jsp

AddHandler jserv-servlet .jsp

ApJServMount /examples /root

</IfModule>

######### server.xml ######

<Server>

<ContextManager debug="0" workDir="work" showDebugInfo="true" >

.... I removed the InvokerInterceptor entry completely.

<Context path="/examples"
docBase="webapps/examples"
crossContext="false"
debug="0"