tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "Ben Flaumenhaft" <...@sidelight.com>
Subject Re: Profile tool for Apache/Tomcat
Date Wed, 28 Feb 2001 00:01:29 GMT

Hi George,

I *highly* recommend OptimizeIt (optimizeit.com). It's extremely easy to use and very powerful
-- it has lots of features for finding hotspots and profiling code through different sampling
methods.

It shouldn't be hard to set up an OptimizeIt project to launch Tomcat as its main application
-- although you'll need to digest the tomcat shell scripts and rework them into an OptimizeIt
project. I've done this with JServ and Enhydra, and it's been very useful.

Regards,
Ben Flaumenhaft
Principal, Sidelight Consulting
http://www.sidelight.com
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: George Shafik
  To: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org
  Sent: Tuesday, February 27, 2001 11:29 AM
  Subject: Profile tool for Apache/Tomcat

  Hi,

  We are looking for a profiling tool for Apache/Tomcat and if that is not possible a class
library that implements a framework that we can incorporate into our development environment
that will aid us in locating possible bottle neck in our code and thus target these areas
for JNI.

  Greatly appreciative of any help as this is an issue that has been raised on this "list"
on several occasions with no real input.

  Regards,
  George