tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Peter Andersén <peter.ander...@nextra.com>
Subject Problems with gabled mod_jk
Date Fri, 23 Feb 2001 14:03:32 GMT
Hi have installed and tested with both apache 1.3.17 and 1.3.14 and 1.3.12 same result.

I have compiled my apache to support DSO.
./configure --prefix=/usr/local/apache --enable-module=so
i have checked with httpd -l and seen that the dso support is their.

But when i try to execute the mod_jk.conf-auto that tomcat creates i get an error on the LoadModule
jk_module libexec/mod_jk.so
I have used the precompiled version form tomcats homepage.
The error is saying that this module is garbeld.
complete error messages API module structure 'jk_module' in file /usr/local/apache/libexec/mod_jk.so
is garbled - perhaps this is not an apache module DSO.
Any out there having suggestion what to do, im pretty new to linux so it should not be to
advanced and if you suggest any advance step it would be extremly helpful to get a step by
step instruction.

If i try on the same machine where i have apache installed with shipment thru RPM and it is
version 1.3.12 this is working but it also only have core.c and mod_so.c compiled into the
apache kernel. The other version is downloads from Apache and it seems to be something im
missing when compiling or im not sure

Looking forward to see if somebody can help me.
Regards
Peter Andersen