tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Shankar Narayanan <snaraya...@AdvanceWork.com>
Subject FW: Apache for JSP for Yogesh tripathi
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 21:30:11 GMT

-----Original Message-----
From: Shankar Narayanan
Sent: Tuesday, February 20, 2001 4:25 PM
To: 'tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org'
Subject: RE: Apache for JSP for Yogesh tripathi

I  have attached the files . Did you configure apache first ?
After you do that . Cut and paste the contents of my httpd.conf in your
httpd.conf of apache.

To access this - > START-> Programs-> Apache http -> configuration file (
open with wordpad)

save the file .
Then install the tomcat  ;

The zip file for tomcat needs to be downloaded from apache.org site.

Search for jakarta-tomcat-3.2.1.tar.gz

 Extract it to the c:/
A folder called tomcat (etc) shall be cretaed. Rename that as tomcat .

Then set variables  . I hope you know this. Create variables
JAVA_HOME
c:\jdk1.2.2

For this you need to download the jdk1.2.2 from java.sun.com . If you
already have it then give the path where the jdk is.

Another variable

TOMCAT_HOME
c:\tomcat

That is it.

Then copy the dll file attached to the path c:\program files\apache
group\apache\module\

Then go to command prompt

c:\cd tomcat
c:\cd bin

type command : tomcat start
This shall start tomcat

Then TO START APACHE type
>net start apache

If you get 1067 error then open another command prompt and
type this command
c:\cd Progra~1\apache~1\apache

go to the apache directory and type
> apache

It shall give the reason for the failure of apache .

AFter that go to browser. And type
http://localhost/examples/

This shall give a list of folders. Go to jsp directory and then execute any
of the examples to see if the JSP is working.
IT SHOULD .

I hope its clear. If any problems, do mail .

Thanks,
Shankar