tomcat-users mailing list archives

From "D.Lion" <dl...@read.ru>
Subject Strange result
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2001 12:00:26 GMT
Hi all

I have strange result.....
I'm using tomcat-4.0-b1 with apache.

httpd.conf seems to be writen ok
<VirtualHost xx.xx.xx.xx>
ServerName qqq.qwe.com

LoadModule webapp_module libexec/mod_webapp.so
WebAppConnection warpConnection warp localhost:8008
WebAppMount examples warpConnection /examples/
</VirtualHost>

server.xml looks nice too
<!-- Replace "localhost" with what your Apache "ServerName" is set to -->
<Engine className="org.apache.catalina.connector.warp.WarpEngine"
name="Apache" defaultHost="qqq.qwe.com" debug="0" appBase="webapps">

so requests like http://qqq.qwe.com/examples/jsp/index.html
must give a html page BUT I see error message from apache:
Not Found
The requested URL /examples/jsp/index.html was not found on this server.

Apache/1.3.12 Server at qqq.qwe.com Port 80

but the most interesting thing is that I can access example jsp files and servlets, images
and .txt files!!!
if I request 100% unexisted file  i recive correct response from tomcat that file does not
exist:
HTTP Status 404 - /jsp/index.k
The requested resource (/jsp/index.k) is not available.

it seems like webapp_module does not parses requests to html files :(((((
is it my bug or beta version ?

Thanks