tomcat-users mailing list archives

From Rick Roberts <tom...@ait-web.com>
Subject Re: Regarding support for jsp........
Date Thu, 15 Feb 2001 06:18:42 GMT
This looks like a trick question to me!!!!!!
But....
<%! {all variables in here have class scope} %>
<% {all variables in here are local} %>

Take a close look at the ! (bang).

    <%!
      int globalCounter = 0;
    %>

     This page has been visited: <%= ++globalCounter %> times.

     <%!
       int localCounter = 0;
     %>
     NOW!  This counter increases its value: <%= ++localCounter %>

Rick